When Is the Best Time to Move?
Successful moving requires proper planning and setting the right priorities. Among them, the most important are considered to be hiring a trustworthy moving company, decluttering closets, and packing your belongings. However, selecting the moving date is of great importance as well. In this blog post, we are going to dwell on the best time of year to move to a new destination.
When is the best time to move?
According to the statistics, the majority of moves take place between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Some consider it to be a convenient time while others admit that the oppressive heat makes the whole process exhausting and more complicated.
The Dos and Don’ts of Moving in the Summer
As a rule, the beginning and the ending of the summer holidays are the peak moving season for families with kids and students. The high demand during the summer period makes it more expensive to hire a moving company. Here is a list of dos and don’ts of moving in the summer.
- do expect to pay more;
- do keep electrical items cool;
- do start to move early in the morning;
- do turn the utilities on before the move;
- do apply the sunscreen before going outside.
- don’t forget to pack snacks and drinks for your assistants;
- don’t wear inappropriate and uncomfortable clothing;
- don’t move during the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.
The Dos and Don’ts of Moving in the Fall
As it was mentioned above, about 80% of moves take place between the late spring and early autumn. It makes fall the most flexible time to hire a reputable moving company for a lower cost.
- do expect to pay less;
- do start to move before the business hours;
- do plan to move ahead of time;
- do load delicate items last;
- do move between Monday and Thursday.
- don’t move during the Thanksgiving holidays;
- don’t wait for the last day to start packing;
- don’t drive on the wet road;
- don’t move huge items (piano, pool table, etc.).
The Dos and Don’ts of Moving in the Winter
Moving in the winter is a specific challenge. Being the off-season for moving companies, it allows you to hire the best movers in your country. To help you get rid of stress during the moving in the winter months, read the list of dos and don’ts of moving in the winter.
- do clear any snow or ice from stairs and sidewalks;
- do use sans and salt on the sidewalks;
- do lay down the pieces of cardboard or old blankets to protect the floor inside the house;
- do double-wrap sensitive and delicate items;
- do wear appropriate clothing;
- don’t turn on the heating;
- don’t forget to check the utilities;
- don’t move on your own.
The Dos and Don’ts of Moving in the Spring
Moving during the spring months is not the best time to move, but still, the demand is high. It starts to rise in March. That is why we recommend starting to look for a moving company a month before. You should also check the company’s reputation and get a better understanding of how they handle the moving tasks.
- do make a list of the stuff;
- do check the weather before you move;
- do schedule the whole process;
- do label the boxes.
- don’t ignore pollen;
- don’t forget about cleaning the space;
- don’t pack your belongings the night before.