Everyone knows how difficult the moving process is and how stressful may be its preparation. A lot of people used to prepare their checklist for moving a day before their move. What do they get in return? The answer is simple: stress, anxiety, irritation and a big bag of nerves. Of course, it is difficult to move all of your belongings, – relocating your life is quite a stressful process.
Moving is a very similar to the game “hide-and-seek” process. You should keep track of a lot of things and find all of them as soon as it is possible. It is quite difficult to keep in mind all you need to do. It’s easy to forget about little things (especially those that are placed in the most inconspicuous place).
But there is a very wise and simple advice which will help you to solve or even avoid all the moving problems and make this process easier, faster and stress-free. You should know that the main key to get a smooth moving experience leads in self-organization. That’s why you need to take time to prepare a checklist for moving day. It will be a great assistant for as well as a good friend which will make the relocation process careless, comfortable, fast and easy.
Plan ahead as much as it is possible. It will save your time, nerves and a good mood. Two months or at least five weeks ahead of your move made yourself plan a moving checklist. Think about all the necessities and get rid of those things which you do not need anymore. It will be quite helpful for you, because why should you pay for moving items which you do not need anymore? Make a place in your room for those items, which you would like to take with yourself as well as for those which you are going to get rid of. If you’ve cleared out the items which you do not want to take with you, put them aside, take several boxes or other packing materials and start packing up all the things you won’t need right away. It will cut down your moving expenses.
Think about the biggest things. It’s important to pack them all in advance in order to feel free from worrying when it comes to the moving day. It will be the very busy day, so you should remember all the stuff you need to pack and take with yourself.
Moving day is the big day and you need to be well prepared for it. We know how to make the moving day easy and worry-free. We’ve prepared a special moving out checklist which may become a great assistant for you during the difficult process of relocation. We know how hard it is to leave the home where you’ve spent a lot of years, where you’ve left a lot of sweet memories and where a part of your life was spent. Moving all your belongings from the one place to another is hard as well as relocating your life to the new place. For somebody, it may seem to be a simple process, while for the other person it may turn to be a big bag of nerves. Somebody likes to change something in his/her life, while the other one prefers to live by rules without any changes. It’s life. And we are different. But each of us faces a relocation problem at least once in his life.
Relocation to the new home is a new start. That’s why you should know that moving to the new place should be exciting, amazing and impressive!
So, if you face the relocation task, what should you do? The answer is simple: prepare yourself for relocation. But how to do it without any nerves and stress? It is easy. Moving out checklist will be a great assistant to help.
We’ve prepared a great checklist for moving for you. It’s broken into stages. In this moving day checklist below you’ll find all the information you need to prepare an easy relocation without any stress or anxiety. We have outlined the most important and valuable factors (we can call them “steps”) to provide you with a great relocation experience. We’ll help you to understand what you shall do before, during and even after your move.
We’ve prepared an 8 weeks guide, which will not only prepare you for the upcoming move day but also provide you with numerous advice and protect your mood from negative thought and impressions. So, you’ll be sure that all your work will be successfully done before the moving day and you’ll have a plenty of time to celebrate your relocation with friends and relatives.
Global Moving, LLC suggests you acquaint with a checklist for moving. Hope it will help you a lot:
2 Months Before Moving
If you have children you need to take care of their education and find a proper school or kindergarten in the place you are going to move. You should know that one of the top priorities for you should be a strong desire to make a strong and reliable nest for future
- Collect the records
Gather the copies of legal and financial documents. Collect all the medical and dental records and prepare school and veterinarian records for transferring to the new location
- Create a file on drive
- The next step you do is creating a “moving” file on the Google drive where you’ll store all the receipts, quotes, records and the other important information which you need to remember for the moving day
- It will be very comfortable for you to make your moving checklist printable. In this case, you will be always able to take the sheet with you, consult it and mark the done tasks. It’s a great idea, isn’t it?
7 Weeks Before Moving
- Create a realistic budget for moving expenses. It will help you a lot to organize your relocation correctly, avoiding all the waste expenses. Make a cup f coffee or a tea, sit on the sofa and think over the new items you’ll need to buy for a new home. Make a priority what you need the most and do not spend money on unnecessary items
- Get rid of all the unnecessary items which you store but do not use any more
- If it’s possible, organize your move on Friday. It is the best day for relocation. Why? Because you’ll have 2 days ahead to unpack your items and organize yourself as well as your new home for living
6 Weeks Before Moving
- Inform your employer and all your colleagues about your decision to move to the other place
- Inform all your relatives and friends about your new address. Organize a simple dinner party and have some rest with them
- Schedule an appointment with an interstate moving company
- If you want to pack your items without any professional assistance, so you need to prepare boxes, paper, tape and the other packing materials to wrap the delicate items
- Label your moving boxes, using various colored stickers. It will be quite necessary for you to simplify the work when you’ll unpack your belongings
- Make a list of boxes where you’ve packed the fragile items in order to avoid crash or damage when you will unpack them
- Check all the furniture and note if there are any scratches or dents on it
- Measure doorways, stairways, and elevators to fit the size of your bulky items
- Check room dimensions at your new home. It will be quiet helpful for you to know exactly what of your furniture will fit through the door and what won’t. The furniture which does not fit through the door of your new house may be previously sold by you. So you can earn some money and avoid waste luggage
- Pack a little every day. If you follow this concept, you may be sure that everything will be packed the best way and you’ll not forget anything
5 Weeks Before Moving
- Buy a food what you’ll need until the move day
- Clean up your cupboards and get rid of perishable items
- Get rid of everything that cannot be gifted, sold or donated
1 Month Before Moving
- Sell the items you do not want need
If you have some items as, for example, furniture, but it is too big or old or if you simply want to change it for the new one, you can sell it. Somebody may be looking for it, but the price of the new one may seem to be a little bit expensive. If you suggest the good at a reasonable price, you’ll win twice: the customer will be happy and you’ll get some money and get rid of the furniture. If there is no customer for your furniture you can just donate it
- Gather birth certificates, passports for everyone in your home
- Put all the legal and financial records in one place
- Return all the library books, movie and video game rentals
- Make dental, medical and optical records for each member of your family
- Update voter registration
- Plan your route
- If you need it, book a hotel
- Call to these departments to cancel, set up or transfer new service: electric, cell phone, satellite, Internet, water, gas, trash collection, and sewer. All these points are highly important and you should do it at least one month before your move. That’s why this task should be in the first rows of tasks in your moving checklist.
3 Weeks Before Moving
- Drain all fluids from hoses, lawn mowers, propane tanks, etc.
- Call your friends and make a little dinner/goodbye party for them
- Provide your dearest with the all necessary info to let them be always in touch with you
- Write somewhere your future address so that your friends or relatives can visit you
- Think about your children. Let them say goodbye to their friends, favorite places, school friends, etc. They should be also ready for transition
- Send your house rugs for cleaning
- Soap, paper towel, the first aid kit, a bottle of water should be into your bag
- Get rid of flammables, poisons, fireworks, ammunition etc.
- Take attention to valuable items (jewelry, important documents and files). To be more confident in security and safety of your belongings, take them with yourself and put them into your bag or a box so that you can personally transport them to a new home
- Arrange everything what concerns your brokerage firms, banks, newspapers you subscribe to, insurance, credit cards and utility companies
- Check a non-allowable list of items to be sure you’ll not have problems. There are items which are not allowed for move
2 Weeks Before Moving
- Organize a comfortable relocation for your pets or ask experienced movers to help you with it. Your pets also need a travel plan. If you should board them, ask previously your friends or relatives to help you with it
- Pack everything you have previously cleaned, washed or repaired
- Return all the items you have borrowed
- Clean your locker at the gym
- Update your driver’s license
- Clean the furniture before it will be moved
1 Week Before Moving
And at last the last week. It’s the week of verifying the whole apartment moving checklist. It is the week you need to organize your belongings, clean your home and finish your moving packing checklist. Make sure that everything is packed, that everything is in the right room. It will prevent you from stress, worrying and irritation. Worry-free moving day and a great moving experience… Sounds great, doesn’t it?
A week before the moving day you need to:
- Clean the house
- Pack all the photos, pictures, and hanging items
- Check whether all the electronics are packed
- Clean and pack the bathroom (you’ll need it at the new place)
- Remove blankets from beds and sofas and pack them
- Pack the items of personal hygiene
- Pack a bag with the most necessary items you are going to take with you for the first night at the new place
- Clean your fridge with the food. If your fridge is going to move with you make sure to clean it and empty. Refrigerator should be unfrosted 24 hours before the moving day
- Label all the items you’ll need the first when you arrive at the new place
- If you do not need any professional assistance to prepare your belongings to move (to pack them), if you are doing your own packing, you need to check whether all your items are ready to move
- Unplug all the electronics 24 hours before the move
- Work closely with the movers and packers so that they’ll listen to all your requirements and listen to all your needs. It will be quiet helpful for you to organize the loading and moving process as you want. You can also inform the movers about the boxes with fragile items so that they’ll know where and how to place and deliver them the best way
- Make a final tour of the house and check whether you’ve packed everything or not (some little things may be forgotten)
- Check if the water, air conditioner, and furnace are shut off
- Turn off the light
- Check the windows. They should be shut off and locked
- Check your moving packing checklist twice. You need to be sure that you’ve done everything you need
- Remove light bulbs from all the lamps you are going to move
- Before loading your items to move, experienced packers and movers will check whether all the items are in their room, whether all the items are packed the proper way
What Should You Do In A Moving Day?
Well, now you know what to do and how it is comfortable to use the moving home checklist. It does not matter whether you are going to move to the other city or to the other state. Our checklist for moving out will be an irreplaceable assistant for you, which will keep up with you all the process of the moving preparation.
If the moving day has come, what should you do? It seems that everything is packed, everything is ready to move. Everyone may agree with it, but there are some key tasks which are highly important to complete the process of relocation successfully. So, let’s start.
Moving day is here. What should you do?
- Get up early
If you get up early, you’ll have an extra time to prepare yourself for the move
- Final walkthrough
Make a final walk through the house, checking every room and closet to make sure nothing is forgotten
- Mark the tasks
In a moving day, take your moving packing checklist and mark the tasks which are already done
Now when everything is done, you are ready to move
Preparing a checklist for moving out is not an easy task. But with our assistance, it becomes easier. All you need to do is to follow the steps and do not forget about yours (you can add something else to this list, as for example something that means a lot to you). Hope our moving checklist timeline will be a great assistant for you on a moving day.